Sara in the Land of Dengue

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Final Hours

The countdown has begun. I have 22 hours left in Nicaragua. I am excited of course to come home but it actually seems like I will be leaving a home too. I have grown so accustomed to my life here and it seems like I can really belong. Yesterday when I woke up it really stuck me that in a couple days I will not be waking up to the scorching heat, whistles, exhaust, wonderful music, laughter, friendly faces and jokes that I still dont always get. It made me really sad-especially because I dont know exactly when I will be able to come back. On the bright side I am already scheming...in May after I graduate it will be off to Bluefields to watch the Palo de Mayo and participate if I learn how to do it by then. It is one of those dances I am not sure if white people will ever be able to do...or at least people that did not grow twisting and turning their hips and torsos is all sorts of directions at the same time.
The last couple weeks have been crazy - hopefully I will get those down at some time. this week I have been saying good-byes. On Tues. with Nana, my Japanese surf buddy. Last night with Uri and then to a bar to say good-bye to more of the Japanese group. Tonight the people from work have invited me...but after I have gotten to go to one more of Agostos dance classes.
Ok off to pack the bags!

4 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Uri said...

¡Hola Sara! soy Uri, ¿cómo te fue en el viaje de regreso?
necesito tu correo creo que lo anoté mal y NO tengo otra forma de escribirte o contactarte. este es mi correo de nuevo: urimaveg@gmail.com o el mismo pero en yahoo y en hotmail es outsider120@hotmail.com
Un Beso
te leo pronto.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Uri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Bollywood said...

Unfortunately, Dengue is spreading so much in some parts of India. Here is the link to latest news.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger bernard n. shull said...

hi mate, this is the canadin pharmacy you asked me about: the link

 

Post a Comment

<< Home